Re: PHPNuke viewpage.php and another SQL injections

From: Tibor Pittich (Tibor.Pittichat_private)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 10:33:02 PST

    On 25. mar 2003, 16:32, Zero_X www. lobnan. de Team wrote:

    > viewpage.php is a part of PHPNuke.
    > The Script allows an attacker to view all files on the System.
    >
    > Example:
    >
    > http://server.com/viewpage.php?file=/etc/passwd

    "great" advisory..

    about what version you are talking? latest 'stable' release 6.0 doesn't
    contain this file, older 4.3 and 4.4 version are negative too..

    after some googling i got it, you are talking about phpnuke 6.5..

    this problem can be workarrounded with using safe_mode, or open_basedir
    directives in php configuration, after this your assertion is false,
    because attacker can't view any files on system.

    thanks again for detailed advisory..

    unfortunately, there is another too strange problems, which is publicated
    today at site http://www.phpsecure.info/ dedicated to sql injection in
    phpnuke. one of this is used by brazilian h4x0r which called himself as
    'freeck' tonight to change one article at our phpnuke site.