Re: Fate Research Labs Presents: Analysis of the NTDLL.DLL Exploit

From: Dave Aitel (daveat_private)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 09:19:17 PST

      "The NTDLL.DLL exploit was first discovered due to the compromise of a
      military web server on March 17. This was the first publicly
    documented
      use of an unpublished exploit: Bugtraq only accounts for a small
      percentage of the actual exploits and vulnerabilities that exist. This
      was the first known case where an unreleased or "zero-day" exploit was
      utilized to compromise machines before it was publicly announced."

    Both contradicts itself and is not true.

      "A web site containing a continuously growing list of applications
    that
      use ntdll.dll is provided in the appendix."

    That would be, uh, ALL NT applications?

    Dave Aitel
    SVP Research and Engineering
    Immunity, Inc.