Arp records in solaris

From: Edward J. Aivazian (stealthat_private)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 05:41:35 PDT

    I'd like to start the question with some quotings from authorized sources.
    The man page of arp command under solaris says the following:

    >    -s        Create an ARP entry for the host  called  hostname
    >              with  the Ethernet address ether_address. The Eth-
    >              ernet address is given as  six  hexadecimal  bytes
    >              separated  by  colons. The entry will be permanent
    >              unless the word temp is given in the  command.

    When I make a record with -s option, in a very short period of time (sometimes less than half-an-hour) this record is deleted.
    One more article is available here, but it's in russian - http://www.void.ru/content/856

    Can anyone give a reasonable explanation to this?