i cracked restriction of 'zone' in mozilla.

From: Liu Die Yu (liudieyuinchinaat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 20:28:52 PDT

    i cracked restriction of 'zone' in mozilla.
    ("that's all" is the end of file if you are in a hurry)

    [tested]
    OS:"Windows Server 2003"

    NETSCAPE Ver String: "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; zh-CN;
    rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20020823 Netscape/7.0 "
    (downloaded on "2003/3/31 UTC+800")
    MOZILLA Ver String: "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US;
    rv:1.3) Gecko/20030312"
    (downloaded on "2003/4/1 UTC+800")
    MOZILLA Ver String: "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US;
    rv:1.4a) Gecko/20030401"
    (downloaded on "2003/4/15 UTC+800")

    [demo]
    http://liudieyuinchina.vip.sina.com/EdgeLink/EdgeLink-MyPage.htm
    or
    UMBRELLA.MX.TC ===> EdgeLink-MyPage section.
    (disable Popup killer.)

    [exp]
    Mozilla does not wash links on the edge of transforming from one document
    to another.

    {0}before content of the next document is loaded & after the security ID
    of current document is changed to the security ID of the next one(such
    period exists.):

    {1}links including their "onclick" property in current document remain
    alive(=clickable).
    {1.1}i can access my link if i have its reference.
    now,i call its "onclick" via the reference of link:
    {1.2}"onclick" is executed with security ID of the next page which is
    going to be loaded.
    (boring? "[demo-exp]" is easier.)

    [demo-exp]
    okay, this is easier. listen up:

    task:
    show "document.cookie" at "www.securityfocus.com", via "window.alert".

    [*]our "LINK" page: it's in our 'zone' and contains a link with
    onclick="alert(document.cookie)"

    [*]"main" script lives in another page;
    now, "main" script plays the trick:
    open "LINK" page in another window - "mywin".
    save the reference of the link in "LINK" page to "MyLink" variable.
    tell "mywin" to go to "http://www.securityfocus.com/".
    wait until the security ID changes
    ("security ID changes"<==>"main script is unable to get protected info"--
    >"try{[Get protected info in mywin]}catch{[now, security ID is
    changed.]}" )

    call "MyLink.onclick()" *immediately*.
    /*
    we call that immediately, so the time is {0}(refer to "{0}" in "[exp]");
    even though the security ID is changed to that
    of "http://www.securityfocus.com", our link remains alive.{1}
    even though the security ID is victim's id, main script still can
    call "MyLink.onclick()".{1.1}
    at last, {1.2}
    */

    that's all.

    [how]
    from small beginnings come great things!
    read:

    http://liudieyuinchina.vip.sina.com/EdgeLink/EdgeLink-How.htm
    or
    UMBRELLA.MX.TC ===> EdgeLink-How section.

    if you are interested in how i got this in 5 hours after i downloaded
    mozilla.

    [people]
    greetings to you all!
    and thanx to
    "the Pull", dror, bin, gean, dross, iainm, and always: mom and dad - for
    their help.

    [extra offer]
    if you are browsing through web daily with MSIE, try:

    http://liudieyuinchina.vip.sina.com/domex/aPoP
    or
    DOMEX.INT.TC ===> aPoP section.

    (it's coded by me; i hope you like it :-) )
    BTW,i'm very proud of my "PuriWeb" function in it.

    -----
    all mentioned resources can always be found at UMBRELLA.MX.TC

    [contact]
    UMBRELLA.MX.TC ==> How to contact "Liu Die Yu"