MPCSoftWeb Guest Book vulnerabilities.

From: drG4njubas (drG4njat_private)
Date: Sun Apr 20 2003 - 06:15:51 PDT

    Date:
    20.04.2003

    Subject:
    MPCSoftWeb Guest Book vulnerabilities.

    This Guest Book is designed to be easy to use and configure,
    it uses a Microsoft Access 2000 database to store the messages.
    It has a number of features: emoticons and text formatting,
    a profanity or unwanted word filter, which can be modified as required,
    images can be used in the Guest Book, e-mail notification of Guest
    Book entries, COOKIES can be used by the Guest Book administrator.

    Vendor:
    www.mpcsoftweb.co.uk

    Vulnerability:
    insertguest.asp neglects filtering user input allowing
    for script injection to the guestbook via "Name",
    "location" and "comment" fields. The injected
    script will be executed in anyones browser who visits the
    guestbook.

    An attaker may download MS Acces database to gain
    administrator's password, which is not encrypted at all.
    Example:
    http://www.target.com/mpcsoftweb_guestbook/database/mpcsoftweb_guestdata
    .mdb

    Vulnerability discovered by Black Tigerz Research Group
    We are:Areus,Barracuda,n1Tr0f4n,Velzevol,n3ch,drG4njubas.
    Please visit our website: http://www.blacktigerz.org

    Our team needs more members, please drop a mail to
    membershipat_private for more information.