Re: Qpopper v4.0.x poppassd local root exploit

From: Randall Gellens (rg_public.1at_private)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 04:35:20 PDT

    I'm working on a fix, but would like to point out that poppassd is
    not built nor installed by default.  Also, poppassd is an inherently
    insecure protocol that sends both the current and new passwords in
    the clear, and in general should only be used with full understanding
    of the situation.
    --
    Randall Gellens
    rg_public.1at_private