RE: eBay Security Contact

From: Anthony Patti (gpsat_private)
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 13:07:55 PDT

    +-----Original Message-----
    +From: mattmurphyat_private [mailto:mattmurphyat_private]
    +Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 12:26 PM
    +To: full-disclosureat_private; bugtraqat_private
    +Subject: eBay Security Contact
    +
    +Hello,
    +
    +I'm looking for contact information for the security department (if such a
    +thing exists) at eBay.  If anyone has any security contact information
    +(specifically, I'm looking for e-mail addresses), or just general
    +"support"
    +information where I can reach a human -- as such information appears to be
    +deeply buried.  I'm really starting to become frustrated by the lack of
    +support; everything they have is automated/robotic, and even that doesn't
    +really

    Matt,

    You can use spoofat_private This is the address used to report the phony
    Russian eBay e-mails claiming to be from eBay Billing saying that your
    credit card was declined...yadda-yadda.
    They do respond with a human reply and name along with the boilerplate
    response.

    And yes it is buried.

    Tony