Re: youbin local root exploit + advisory

From: Jeremy C. Reed (reedat_private)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 10:05:58 PDT

    On Tue, 6 May 2003, [iso-8859-1] Knud Erik Højgaard wrote:

    > 5/5/03 - FreeBSD port maintainer notified
    > 5/5/03 - FreeBSD port maintainer replies, bug is known, apparently no fix
    > is planned at the moment

    What about notifying the original developer?

    What was the developer's response?

    > 6/5/03 - public disclosure

    At least you got FreeBSD to now mark it as FORBIDDEN. (Maybe submitting a
    FreeBSD problem report would have gotten this done earlierr; I didn't find
    one.)

    What about Debian? And others that provide youbin?

       Jeremy C. Reed
       http://bsd.reedmedia.net/