Re: Tornado www-server v1.2: directory traversal, buffer overflow

From: Berend-Jan Wever (SkyLinedat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 00:40:22 PDT

    I've done a quick debugging session: The overflow does not seem exploitable
    other then a DoS.
    What happens is that there is not enough heap to hold the long strings so it
    writes past the heap to a location where no memory is allocated. This will
    cause an unhandled exception.

    Kind regards,

    Berend-Jan Wever.