[VulnWatch] phpBB password disclosure by sql injection

From: Rick (rikulat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 00:27:37 PDT

    Hi

    There is sql injection vuln in phpBB. The variable "topic_id" is passed
    directly from GET to sql query in /viewtopic.php. It can be used
    to get md5 passwords for users. I am attaching details and proof of
    concept code.  I've only tested this on mysql 4 and pgsql at my home
    machines so I might have missed something...

    Rick Patel