Re: Remote Buffer Overrun WebAdmin.exe

From: David A. Pérez (davidat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 24 2003 - 14:31:48 PDT

    > NGSSoftware Insight Security Research Advisory
    >
    > Name: Remote System Buffer Overrun WebAdmin.exe
    > Systems Affected: Windows
    > Severity: High Risk
    > Category:               Buffer Overrun
    > Vendor URL: http://www.altn.com/
    > Author: Mark Litchfield (markat_private)
    > Date: 24th June 2003
    > Advisory number: #NISR2406-03

    I've been making a few tests using WebAdmin 2.0.3 running under IIS (WebAdmin.dll)

    On my tests, I haven't been able to exploit this issue beyond the scope of a Denial of Service. The Active Server Pages
    service just reboots itself and two entries are added to the event log:

    Application Log:

    Event Type:	Information
    Event Source:	Active Server Pages
    Event Category:	None