Symantec NAV 7.6 CE Major Fault

From: Pal Juvancz (Pal.Juvanczat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 15:42:18 PDT

    Symantec NAV 7.6 Corporate Edition has a MAJOR fault when running on XP.
    It simply will NOT scan floppies on the fly (even with the most
    restrictive settings enabled) This is a bug that has been confirmed by
    Symantec (after 3 months of sitting on their bum doing absolutely NOTHING
    about it)

    I still haven't seen a solution - other than dumping the product yet.

    Below are snippets from actual Symantec tech support e-mails.

    "With 7.61 on the XP Pro machine (your Vectra) we did not catch the virus
    at the floppy, however we did catch it when we burned it to CD.

    I tested with 7.61 build 45 on XP PRO.. not your machine.. we did not
    catch the virus at the floppy.
    I tested the 8.01 on a machine that wasn't yours as well and it worked as
    designed.

    I am thinking at this point there could be a couple of things happening.
    1)XP PRO does something between NAV 7.6x and the floppy
    2) XP PRO does something to Nav 7.6x "

    I think they should advertise this widely but.....