Re: Email marketing company gives out questionable security advice

From: Gadgeteer (gadgeteerat_private)
Date: Sat Jul 05 2003 - 06:55:12 PDT

    On Friday 04 July 2003 13:05, stonewall wrote:
    >  Education efforts aside, this
    > puts us in the position of having to field complaints about "the damn
    > firewall".  Does anyone else deal with this?

    We do considerable filtering/blocking for some of our customers.  We have
    found that there is a significant reduction in complaints if the filter
    returns a friendly error message to inform the user that things are going
    according to plan rather then allowing an access attempt to fail silently.
    YMMV
    --
    Ken Dyke
    Chief Gadgeteer, Elegant Innovaions