Re: [Full-Disclosure] The incredible gayness of antivirus-vendors and their products (in this case, NAV corp. ed.)

From: morning_wood (se_cur_ityat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2003 - 07:24:17 PDT

    > The obvious retardedness of labelling my damn generic exploit as
    being a virus aside, it strikes me as 'funny' that I am still
    available > The same sort of bullshit as above except "Virus name:
    FreeBSD.Rootkit".
    > Uh, that's incorrect to say the least - this is no rootkit.
    >
    > Antivirus-software is protection for people against yesterdays
    threats.
    > Antivirus-software is protection for moronic users against
    themselves.
    > Antivirus-software is crap. I say we kill the users and be done with
    it.

    This is one of the major reasons I do not use AV on
     any of my 4 internet connected  system in my home network.

    morning_wood
    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html