Re: ServU FTP Service (Win32) is able to relay email

From: Hal Flynn (flynnat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2003 - 08:01:46 PDT

    > ServU FTP Server for Win32 has a Bug that makes it possible to relay
    > email messages anonymously. As described in the RFC documents for FTP
    > (959, 1579, 2228) its not recommendet for the service to accept PORT
    > commands containing target ports above 1024/tcp. Example:

    Nice.  I'd like to point out that this isn't a new issue per se, but
    instead a rehash of something discovered by Hobbit, and described in
    Bugtraq ID 126:

    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/126

    On another note, in two days, this vuln will be eight years old.  I
    suppose this is an early birthday present.

    Cheers,

    Hal Flynn
    Symantec Corp.
    http://www.securityfocus.com/unix