RE: Microsoft MCWNDX.OCX ActiveX buffer overflow

From: Drew Copley (dcopleyat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 11:44:14 PDT

    I find no "MCWNDX.ocx" on my system nor on google. It may be a Windows
    locality issue. Microsoft Multimedia Control fits the description,
    though, as you noted. It does have a "FileName" method and uses the .mci
    filetype, but on Windows 2000 it is not a safe activex control for
    scripting on webpages in the Internet Zone.