Re: [Full-Disclosure] AV "feature" does more DDoS than Sobig

From: Darren Reed (avalonat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 22:38:01 PDT

    I dispute your claims and put it down to you dealing with things at
    a very small level with people who don't usually get much email.

    For over a week, I've been getting sobig email at a rate greater
    than 1 per minute to just myself at this address.

    That's over 1440 per day or close to 10,000 per week.  How many do
    your customers get?

    A small fraction of it is from anti-virus products.  I don't reply to
    any of it and nobody gets it from me.  As soon as I've marked a couple
    of hundred for deletion, more have already arrived.

    Darren
    p.s. If you doubt the numbers I'll happily save a sample and you can
    check the volume/time stamps yourself.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html