[Full-Disclosure] Re: atari800 (200309-07)

From: - o s g o - (osgoat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 14:37:19 PDT

    I think it's wonderful that in today's world, whenever we want to play:
    "Pong" or "Claim Jumper," circa 1982, there's always someone out of the last
    5 remaining earth-bound gamers warning us about a BO, r00ting the box and
    possibly turning the Atari800 emulator into an Intellivision.®   Or worse.

    I'm deeply encouraged that the last of the "Great Five Players" can safely
    continue their gaming experience.   Just don't mess with "Pole Position...."
    That's where I draw the line, OK?

    Warmest personal regards,
    -osgo

    > PACKAGE : atari800
    > SUMMARY : buffer overflow
    > DATE : 2003-09-02 14:03 UTC
    > EXPLOIT : local
    > VERSIONS AFFECTED : <atari800-1.3.0-r1
    > FIXED VERSION : >=atari800-1.3.0-r1
    > CVE : CAN-2003-0630

    -

    > atar800 contains a buffer overflow which could be used by an attacker
    > to gain root privileges. Altough the atari800 package in Gentoo does not
    > install any files suid root we encourage our users to upgrade.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html