RE: [Full-Disclosure] SMC Router safe Login in plaintext

From: Ron DuFresne (dufresneat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 09:32:01 PDT

    On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Schmehl, Paul L wrote:

    > Every ISP I've ever dealt with stores your password in plaintext.  If
    > this were not true, they would not be able to tell you what it is.  Just
    > call support, identify yourself and ask them to change your password for
    > you.

    Those are the ISP's one learns  to avoid.

    Thanks,

    Ron DuFresne
    "Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
    business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
    	***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

    OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html