Re: [Immunix-announce] Immunix Secured OS 7+ openssh update

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 14:24:08 PDT

    On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 12:26:29PM -0700, Immunix Security Team wrote:

    > Package names and locations:
    >   Precompiled binary packages for Immunix 7+ are available at:
    >   http://download.immunix.org/ImmunixOS/7+/Updates/RPMS/openssh-3.4p1-1_imnx_11.i386.rpm
    >   http://download.immunix.org/ImmunixOS/7+/Updates/RPMS/openssh-askpass-3.4p1-1_imnx_11.i386.rpm
    >   http://download.immunix.org/ImmunixOS/7+/Updates/RPMS/openssh-clients-3.4p1-1_imnx_11.i386.rpm
    >   http://download.immunix.org/ImmunixOS/7+/Updates/RPMS/openssh-server-3.4p1-1_imnx_11.i386.rpm

    It's come to my attention that the Immunix source package for this
    release is being kept from the public for some strange reason.  Now I
    know the license for openssh permits this, but it is quite difficult to
    verify that the fix really is present in this release because of this.

    Not to mention not being a good policy for a Linux distro that is
    supposedly all about open disclosure...

    greg k-h