Re: [VulnWatch] CORE-2004-0802: IIS NNTP Service XPAT Command Vulnerabilities

From: wirepair (wirepair@private)
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 17:43:38 PDT

You missed the SEARCH IN <request> vector. I believe it calls the same heap alloc from STATXMEM.dll
I was having some issues with the string becoming unicoded, but just yesterday I got an ascii overwrite
(in the debugger only tho :/). Oh well looks like you snuffed the bug I was
working on in the process :).  Obviously MS fixed this bug in the recent patch. Another thing to note,
when requesting ('s I noticed that an internal function was matching my ( with a ) since they were using
lstrcpy it totally smashed the heap structures when it became unicode'd. But they appeared to fix that as well.
-wire

--
Visit Things From Another World for the best
comics, movies, toys, collectibles and more.