Re: MCrypt

From: Jeff (Skip) Pikl (jpikl@private)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 16:04:56 PDT

    I thought Mike Anderson's crew might have had something to do with a
    product called MCrypt at one point.

    If you are really worried about security try the following link. They are
    supposed to have an unbreakable 1,000,000 bit encryption that can't be broken.

    http://www.meganet.com/

    Hope this helps!

    Skip

    At 02:37 PM 8/29/2001 -0700, Jeffrey_Korte/HR/FCNB/Spgla@private wrote:
    >Group,
    >
    >I am looking for information on MCrypt? (http://mcrypt.hellug.gr/)  Has
    >anyone effectively used this tool?  To anyone's knowledge has it been
    >successfully intruded upon?  What is your take of using "shareware"
    >applications to transmit personally identifiable information?  (I know, I
    >know - but I had to ask the question...) Any limitations that the tool has?
    >
    >Regards,
    >Jeffrey B. Korte,
    >Information and Physical Security Manager
    >FirstConsumers National Bank
    >Voice: 503.520.8398
    >Fax: 503.520.7941
    >Pager: 503.921.3105
    >
    >The information contained in this E-mail message may be privileged,
    >confidential and protected from disclosure.  If you are not the intended
    >recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly
    >prohibited.  If you think you have received this E-mail message in error,
    >please E-mail the sender at jeffrey_korte@private

    Lt. Jeff Pikl
    Stayton Police Department
    386 N. Third Avenue