Last night's NIMDA explanation

From: victoria.evans@private
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 19:52:36 PDT

    Last night I sent an email entitled "Very Very good explanation of
    Concept/Nimba worm".  This was text forwarded to me from one of my techs
    who had been browsing the internet for info and fixes.  It struck him as a
    good assessment so he forwarded the text only via email and didn't provide
    a link or cite the source.  It was, in my opinion, a FANTASTIC assessment
    so I zapped it out to ya'll.    When I asked him this morning where he got
    it, he didn't recall since he had processed so much information from so
    many sources.  I have since located the source and wanted to give ya'll a
    link to the site.  The author has added additional information today, as
    well as screen shots.

    http://www.europe.f-secure.com/v-descs/nimda.shtml

    Many thanks to K. Tocheva, G. Erdelyi, A. Podrezov, S. Rautiainen and M.
    Hypponen from  F-Secure Corp for their excellent information.

    Vikki Evans
    US Bank
    Information Security Services
    Threat and Vulnerability Management