RE: Score one for the good guys

From: Kuo, Jimmy (Jimmy_Kuo@private)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 21:43:45 PDT

    I haven't heard about the backdoor.  Source code is provided, if it's the
    same one I know.

    But it's not going to be effective.  If you tie up 1 thread that hits your
    site, there are 99 others happily hunting along.  After a minute or two, the
    thread you tied up will time out, so it's happily humming along again.

    You need a whole lot of these tar pits to be effective.  That's the plus
    side of this theory.

    Jimmy