List Functionality II

From: Kuo, Jimmy (Jimmy_Kuo@private)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 17:04:08 PDT

    >When I send an email to "crime@private" it gets sent to all the
    >members with the following...
    >	From: Me (My Email Address)
    >	Subj: What Ever...
    >	To: You (Your Email Address)

    No it doesn't.  It comes as:

    From: Ben Johansen
    To: C. R. I. M. E. List (E-mail) [SMTP:crime@private]
    Sent: 9/26/01 4:10 PM
    Subject: List Functionality II

    >So if someone hit the reply button, it will come to me and not route
    >back through the list.

    This part is correct.  But ReplyAll would work, then remove everyone except
    the list address.

    >If I send and emial to "crime@private" I do not get a copy sent
    >back to me for verification.

    You get one copy as a member of the list.  Maybe you didn't add yourself
    onto the list.  Hmmm, if that's the case, I wonder how/if this will get to
    you.

    >I have gotten the majordomo help from the list and haven't found
    >any setting to effect either of these setting.

    Correct.  You don't get special treatment.

    >All current replies to me have come from a direct reply to email and
    >have come to me, so I have yet to what an email will look like if
    >someone posts to the list.

    If this is correct, would imply you are not on the list.

    >I am just trying to learn how this list functions...
    >Thank you...

    >PS: Is it possible for someone to create a new email to the list (not
    >a reply to this email)... then I could create a rule to filter on.

    Done.  So, raise your hand if you're not here.

    Jimmy

    PS.  I realize the futility if he's not registered correctly.  I'll send
    this separately to him much later today if I do not get an answer.  :-)