RE: new bill being passed in Congress

From: Heidi (mcps@private)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 19:53:58 PDT

    “A new bill being considered in Congress calls for life in prison without
    a possibility of parole for people who engage in computer trespass, also
    known as hackers.”

    Now isn’t this great!!!!  Life in prison without parole for hacking, yet
    pointing a loaded firearm at someone and threatening to kill them is only a
    misdemeanor, no jail time, just cite and release, a slap on the hand!!!!
    This may not be C.R.I.M.E. related but who are they kidding?  Hacking into a
    company website may cost a lot of money, but if that guns goes off, how many
    life’s will it cost, and in my book, this is a form of terrorism!!! Hacking
    into a company website digs into peoples pockets, that is the difference and
    where the strength comes from obviously when getting bills passed through
    Congress.  If a guy points a loaded firearm at someone that is nothing, what
    about the next time when the gun goes off and kills innocent people?
    Obviously it does not dig into enough pockets to matter.  Very sad scenario.
    Heidi Henry
    mcps@private