Re: RIAA Wants to Hack Your PC

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 13:23:18 PDT

    The Berean wrote:

    >Ok this is just going a BIT too far.  It's hard to sympathize with the
    >record industry when they exploit the terrorism crisis, to promote an
    >attache to the bill that would normally be considered illegal (hacking)

    While I agree with your sentiment, it has also been widely reported (on
    the front page of Slashdot) that this proposal has been dropped

    I also find it IMHO to be off-topic for CRIME.  George? Could we get a
    re-statement on the charter for this mailing list? I don't know if I've
    ever seen one.

    >Frank Pagano (The Berean)
    >Owner of C-SQUAD (http://www.c-squad.org)

    Has it occurred to you that a Flash-driven web site is not exactly
    compatible with computer security? :-)

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.