Re: Sign of the times?

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 15:48:37 PST

    EKornber@private wrote:

    >I just had a great thought.... I see all these nice people out there with
    >similar interests and I wonder... does anyone know how to create a bulletin
    >board that we all can advertise our various businesses?

    Google.com :-)  Put your shingle on a web site, and make sure google
    (and the other major search engines) spider it. Most have a "submit a
    site" button somewhere.

    One could also create a small business opportunity out of this: create a
    web site who's purpose is to be a billboard for NW regional computer
    security services. Most ISPs will host a virtual domain for you for
    $10/mo. You could probably make that back from security service vendors
    by charging for links. Personally, I wouldn't bother reading or posting
    to such a board, but I've been known to be wrong about business
    opportunities before :-)

    Crispin

    --
    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.