RE: Subject/Anonymous

From: Kuo, Jimmy (Jimmy_Kuo@private)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 22:37:17 PST

    While I agree the post was rude and should have been conducted privately, it
    is important that people do some internet searches on their own.

    And sending these reports to the feds when this issue is so old just ties up
    valuable resources.

    A different way to approach this issue is, "I know this is a scam.  I've
    done the searches and enough reading.  But does the [govt entity] know about
    this already?"

    Then we know that the person has done their own research.  And we can make
    some good use of this list to offset wasting the time of the Secret Service,
    for example.

    I mean, those "some" people who reported it themselves to the feds, how much
    good will did they burn up with their contact?  If these people did this a
    few more times, is their contact going to listen to them the next time?

    Each time you make use of a contact, you're building a relationship or
    destroying it.  And it's much more useful to you to be making positive
    progress.

    Jimmy