CRIME Note from popular culture

From: Todd Ellner (tellner@private)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 20:17:08 PST

    The latest (and probably last) "Tom Clancy"(*) NetForce book mentions the
    CRIME group and InfraGuard. It's funny. When Steve Perry was writing them I
    offered to bring him to the CRIME meetings, get him some references on
    computing in law enforcement, security and whatnot. He said "No thanks,
    Todd. Facts would only slow me down."

    In any case, if you are looking for geek/cop affirmations check them out.
    There's enough buzzwords, enough violence, enough tech toys, and enough
    gratuitous sex to be amusing.

    Todd

    (*) The NetForce books were officially 'created by' Tom Clancy. They were
    all ghost-written by Perry, a local author.