RE: CRIME Kudos to Acting Police Chief Andrew Kirkland

From: Andrew Plato (aplato@private)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 18:30:50 PST

    Ron_Deming@private wrote:

    > A newspaper
    > columnist summed it up pretty well recently:  "A rattlesnake
    > in the living room tends to end all discussion of animal rights."

    Speaking metaphorically...

    This little aphorism assumes you know for certain that you have a
    "rattlesnake in your living room."  The problem is that most of the
    "animals" in "our living room" are harmless "puppies and kittens." Just
    because some of those animals "were born in the same pet store" doesn't
    mean they are all "snakes" and don't deserve any rights.

    Snake or puppy, they all get the same rights until they bite or threaten
    to bite.

    ------------------------------------
    Andrew Plato
    President / Principal Consultant
    Anitian Corporation

    (503) 644-5656 office
    (503) 201-0821 cell
    http://www.anitian.com
    Yahoo Messenger: Anitian

    No snakes, puppies, kittens or civil rights were harmed in the writing
    of this message.