Today's removal requests from the CRIME list

From: Williams, Jaymes (Jaymes.Williams@private)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 14:56:48 PST

    Has anyone noticed the number of requests to be removed from the list today?

    Perhaps it's because of the volume of 'Off-topic' threads.  The opinions of
    the action or inaction of the acting police chief on a non-IT Security/Cyber
    Crime issue are not necessarily pertinent to this group.  I'm sure we all
    receive a lot of email during the day and we definitely do not need more of
    what some of us may consider junk mail.

    For these reasons, I considered submitting a remove request.  However, I do
    not want to miss the important 'On-topic' messages when they occasionally
    show up.

    Please keep the discussion in this list 'On-topic.'  In the mean time, some
    of the frequent senders of Off-topic threads may find themselves on my 'junk
    senders list' in Outlook.

    Someone mentioned creating a separate general discussion list for these
    Off-topic threads ... sounds great to me.  How do we go about getting this
    created?  George, can you assist?

    Best Regards to all,
    Jaymes Williams, CISSP
    IT Security Analyst
    PG&E National Energy Group
    Gas Transmission Northwest
    1400 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 900
    Portland, OR  97201
    Voice: 503.833.4508
    Fax: 503.833.4523
    jaymes.williams@private

    PG&E National Energy Group and any other
    company referenced herein that uses the PG&E name or
    logo are not the same company as Pacific Gas and
    Electric Company, the regulated California utility.  Neither
    PG&E National Energy Group nor these other
    referenced companies are regulated by the California Public
    Utilities Commission.  Customers of Pacific Gas and Electric Company
    do not have to buy products from these companies in order
    to continue to receive quality regulated services from the utility.