RE: CRIME [TOOL] PDD, Forensic Analysis for the PalmOS

From: Kris Quinby (kquinby@private)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 11:28:48 PST

    This is interesting and gave me a thought pertaining to law enforcement
    investigations.  I'll assume that any bad guy who is using a palm device is
    also smart enough to find some freeware/shareware encryption for the truly
    incriminating information.  After dd'ing (copying) the Palm memory to a PC,
    the investigating officer would have better decryption programs and more
    processing power to break the encryption.  So encryption deemed strong
    enough to protect data stored on a Palm device without compromise is now
    obsolete.

    Anyway just dumping my thoughts, I apologize for the poor sentence structure
    and incoherent paragraph.

    Kris