CRIME Computer Security and Cybercrime Conference

From: Christiansen, John (SEA) (JohnC@private)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 14:55:00 PST

    I'm not sure this announcement ever got to this list, though I think some
    folks received it separately. This December 5 conference in Seattle features
    presentations on the Ivanov case and other recent hacking investigations and
    prosecutions, as well as security planning and response strategies, and a
    presentation on the USA PATRIOT anti-terrorism legislation (yes, it has
    computer security implications). While it is put on by a legal organization
    it is not intended only for lawyers. You can see a .pdf of the program at <
    http://www.kcba.org/CLE/clecontent.src#15
    <http://www.kcba.org/CLE/clecontent.src#15> >.
    From: John R. Christiansen
    Preston | Gates | Ellis LLP
    701 Fifth Avenue, Seattle, Washington 98104
    *Direct: 206.613.7118 - *Cell: 206.799.9388
    * johnc@private
    Reader Beware: Internet e-mail is inherently insecure. Unencrypted e-mail
    may be accessible to unauthorized viewers, e-mail content may have been
    modified or corrupted, and e-mail headers or signatures may incorrectly
    identify the sender. If you wish to confirm the contents of this message or
    identity of the sender, or wish to arrange for more secure communication
    please contact me using a communications channel other than a "reply" to
    this e-mail. Thank you.

    Computer Security and Cybercrime: Legal Risks and Responsibilities in a
    Dangerous World

    December 5, 2001
    At the WSCTC Rm #602-604 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
    Questions of risk management, liability allocation, and crime and punishment
    are emerging ever more forcibly as we become more economically and
    personally dependent on computer networks; the same networks that are
    seeming ever more vulnerable to hackers, crackers, viruses, worms and
    information warfare. This conference will bring together those professionals
    most concerned with addressing these questions: lawyers, computer security
    experts and system developers. Anyone who has clients that develop or depend
    on the security of their computer systems-including law firms
    themselves-should attend. The conference is presented in collaboration with
    "The Agora", one of the nation's premiere association of information
    security professionals