Re: CRIME Need some assistence

From: John E Jewkes-AAA0OR OR (aar0mi@private)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 23:11:39 PST

    Doug and the Group,
    Not necessarily. Some Boards have a separate pin for PW and Batt,
    occassionally
    marked only by 'JP' numbers. In these cases, the PW is stored in
    Non-volatile memory
    and is 'safe' unless you can find the right pins. A User's Manual/Service
    Manual for
    the Particular Board or Model should show where the correct Pin to yank
    is...

    Tnx de John Jewkes
    US Army MARS Oregon
    State Director
    W6HNC/AAA0OR OR

    On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 20:01:24 -0800 "Doug's News" <drw55nl@private>
    writes:

    > Please refresh my memory!
    >
    > Isn't BIOS data maintained by a small internal battery?
    >
    > Would disconnection of the battery cause the BIOS to reset to it's
    > default state, and erase the password?
    >
    > Thanks;
    >
    > Doug Wilson

    GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!