CRIME PRS Meeting, 5 April, after Spaf

From: George Heuston (GeorgeH@private)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 16:13:41 PST

    Folks,

    We will be hold a meeting on the PRS program following Spaf's presentation.
    Interested folks, bring your resumes and CVs.  This is a follow-on to the
    CRIME meeting last month, where the conceptual portion of the PRS program
    was rolled out.  The intent of this meeting, which I hope to keep mercifully
    short, is to brief interested folks on what steps we envision taking next
    and when.  Here are the general points we'll touch upon:

    --Use of initial selected subgroup to map out the program to get the PRS
    jump started.

    --Functions of the PRS:
    	-As a non-sworn support volunteer for HPD
    	-To provide, among other duties, training, education, and
    specialized services for HPD

    --Define Critical Training Path for the PRS:
    	-General orientation to HPD
    	-Agency issues
    	-Search/seizure issues and guidelines
    	-Regimen: 2 hour increments one night a week for X weeks
    	-Training will be case oriented - actual situations and cases will
    be used to fulfill training objectives
    	-(More) Fun Stuff
    		-Firing Range
    		-Range 2000 Shoot/Don't Shoot Simulator
    		-Ride-Alongs, etc.
    		-Regimen: a portion of 1 Saturday/month for X months.

    The purpose is to get the program up and moving as soon as practicable.  The
    way to launch the PRS is on a "create it as you go" basis, and this is what
    we're going to do.

    See you there!

    Geo