CRIME RE: CRIME Perspective on Criticisms leeled at Microsof

From: Adam Lipso (AdamL@private)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 16:30:50 PDT

    The good news as far as the point about downtime is that XP so far has been
    able to handle all patches at once and only requires one reboot for the 30
    patches I put on it yesterday and no reboot for the patch today.  Who knows
    they may even be working on a way to minimize downtime, though if you really
    require true 100% uptime you most likely have a cluster of servers no matter
    what OS / web server you are running.  Also in the news today Microsoft
    released a major set of patches for IIS
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=581&ncid=738&e=2&u=/nm/20020
    410/tc_nm/tech_microsoft_dc_4

    Adam