Re: CRIME Perspective on Criticisms leveled at Microsoft

From: Raan Young (raan@graand-visions.com)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 19:39:02 PDT

    > When I think of FUD, I think of somebody like Steve Gibson, who is a chronic FUD mongerer.

    Yes, Steve goes off the deep-end sometimes (but then I've seen that happen on this list more than once).  But dismissing everything he says is an over-reaction -- he does have some valid issues.

    > He has about 1/2 the concept baked and then he runs around screaming like a lunatic trying to terrify people into doing something. The mere fact that Steve has a site devoted to debunking his rantings (www.grcsucks.com) shows what FUD mongering can get you.

    Hmmm.  If the criteria for validity is the number of flame websites, then Microsoft is in deep doo-doo -- a quick search on google for "Microsoft sucks"  (note the quotes) turns up 21,000 matches.  A little exploring comes up with several websites: microsoftsucks.com (now remapped to sucks500.com -- apparently branching out); microsoft-sucks.com (for sale); *uckmicrosoft.com (lots of content); windows-sucks.com (leads to previous site along a dozen other variations); and ntsucks.com (aka win2000sucks.com).  No doubt there are many more...

    Raan