RE: CRIME Perspective on Criticisms leveled at Microsoft

From: Robert S. Jacobsen (cwpcpa@private)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 11:01:27 PDT

    The Live Update program checks for patches and such for all the Symantec
    programs installed, virus signature updates among them.  The manually
    downloaded file doesn't include those patches.  I would love to know a
    little more about those update files as the Live Update program reports a
    very different file size for the signature update then the manually
    downloaded file.  Forever curious, that me.

    Rob

    Robert S. Jacobsen
    Operator/Network Technician
    Cowlitz Water Pollution Control Plant

    Mailing address           Shipping address
    207 Fourth Ave. North     467 Fiber Way
    Kelso, WA 98626           Longview, WA 98632

    (360)577-2020 voice
    (360)577-2040 voice
    (360)577-2041 fax
    cwpcpa@private