CRIME SQL Probes on the upswing

From: brvarin@private
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 07:20:56 PDT

    Just a warning to everyone running SQL Server....Starting yesterday about
    09:00 I noticed a sharp increase in the number of probes on Port 1433
    (SQL). Since then my home machine has been probed 70 times from 19
    different hosts. I have read about "beta" worms for SQL and the increased
    probing leads me to believe that someone has released something.
    Sooo..Check those SQL Servers and make sure they get the proper patching.