Re: CRIME Korean spam & Klez

From: jeffrey (jeffrey@private)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 06:05:58 PDT

    Though perhaps draconian, I have had great success with blocking most
    of the chinese and korean IP space at a firewall (just port 25). Yes,
    I get a lot of log entries and, yes, there is a chance I may block a
    legit email (someday), but it has reduced that source to the merest
    trickle....

    Most viruses come in as attachments. Most attachments come in with a
    .xxx suffix that can be filtered at the mail server level. I haven't
    accepted a .com, .vbs, .shr, etc. file via email in a long time,
    because of the probability of it being a virus.