RE: CRIME EarthLink Password Security Story

From: Tom Tintera (Tom_Tintera@private)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 10:37:39 PDT

    Randal did use one of the passwords to copy a larger password file and also
    installed a back door through Intel's firewall.
    However, ORS 164.377 states that:4) Any person who knowingly and without
    authorization uses, accesses or attempts to access any computer, computer
    system, computer network, or any computer software, program, documentation
    or data contained in such computer, computer system or computer network,
    commits computer crime. Class A misdemeanor.

    Caution is advised if there is no authorization.

    Tom Tintera
    Senior Deputy District Attorney
    Washington County District Attorney
    Hillsboro, Oregon