Re: CRIME Spam inquiry

From: Seth Arnold (sarnold@private)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 20:08:27 PDT

    On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 11:15:12AM -0700, Gunderson_Dane wrote:
    > 	My question is :  Why is misrepresentation through forged headers
    > and spoofing relays not a computer hacking crime as this fraud discredits
    > the spoofed source ( in this case the relay and yahoo.com ) as well as
    > circumventing filters to stop spam?

    I think a well-paid lawyer could use federal law, title 18, sections
    1028, 1029, and 1343. At one time, I used to know a RICO section that
    prohibited forging computer access information, but I was having trouble
    refinding the section.

    If you know a well-paid lawyer willing to take this on pro-bono, I know
    some folks selling toner cartriges.. :)

    --
    http://www.wirex.com/