Re: CRIME SSH

From: Zot O'Connor (zot@private)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 16:01:12 PDT

    Well, it's not on the phone, but you can run ssh on a palm or laptop,
    then connect it to your phone (via serial or infrared) and use the phone
    to connect to the Internet,

    Otherwise you need a completely https version of SSH which is fraught
    with holes as a concept (not to mention the issues of HTTPS over WAP.

    So since your phone does not run software, unless it can run JAVA, and
    the phone is using WAP, then no.  Maybe soon.

    Of course you could run a Handspring Treo and have the Palm and Phoen in
    one.

    --
    Zot O'Connor

    http://www.ZotConsulting.com