RE: CRIME idea to help police respond to life-threatening abducti ons more e ffectively

From: Gunderson_Dane (dane.gunderson@private)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 14:01:34 PDT

    The consensus at my workplace is that since

    	1. Ward Weaver's dad is on death row in CA for putting a body
    underneath a concrete pad ( copy cat? ) that he may have had his son, Ward,
    dig.
    	3. Ward Weaver's son identified him as the suspect
    	4. Ward Weaver's ex claimed there was a storage area underneath the
    concrete pad
    	5. The concrete pad was poured just after the first disappearance
    	6. Ward Weaver failed a poly graph
    	7. They are investigating a predatory and active serial killer
    aren't they!
    	8. ( Insert some I missed here.... )

    	the issue isn't criminal's rights but why this avalanche of
    circumstances came to light and was ignored as some combination should have
    justified a judge issuing a search warrant long before this weekend.  Was
    not Ward Weaver's son's girlfriend, alledgedly raped by Ward Weaver, not
    only a victim of these delays but probably an escaped 3rd victim as
    indicated by the strangulation bruising reportedly about her neck?

    	While I applaud the spirit of your heartfelt suggestion the FBI may
    be doing a serious job of CYA and we should demand details of both that and
    just who these judges are that showed such poor 'judgement' in ignoring such
    a cavalcade of circumstantial evidence...  Before we try to 'fix' the system
    we should name some names of those responsible for overseeing that system
    and hold them accountable.  Though thankfully the victim's families do not
    feel betrayed in my gut I sense they seriously and repeatedly blew it...

    	My 2c...