[Fwd: RE: CRIME Checkpoint versus Sonicwall]

From: Wil Cooley (wcooley@private)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 13:28:21 PDT

    D'oh!  I guess I've gotten used to the evil reply-to...

    Wil
    --
    Wil Cooley                                 wcooley@private
    * * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *

    attached mail follows:

    On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 17:53, Andrew Plato wrote: > Well, since we're all jumping on the self-promotion bandwagon here...Anitian is the local SonicWall reseller as well as WatchGuard, Checkpoint, Symantec, and others. Hey, why not? Naked Ape Consulting is a local reseller for SnapGear firewall/VPN appliances: http://nakedape.cc/snapgear (I haven't added their newest and beefiest model, the PRO+). What you've said about open source firewalls is largely true here too, since these boxes are basically an embedded Linux with iptables, FreeS/WAN, and PoPToP. Ease-of-use if improved somewhere by a web interface, but I would imagine it would be cumbersome for a large number of tunnels (my installations have all been basically connecting two remote offices). These units are pretty powerful CPU-wise for their price, and a better solution than buying a dedicated UNIX host. The SOHO+ and above support RADIUS authentication for PPTP users and the PRO and PRO+ have a crypt-accellerator. Wil -- Wil Cooley wcooley@private Naked Ape Consulting http://nakedape.cc * * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * * QCSNet http://www.qcsn.com * * * * T1, Frame Relay, DSL, Dial-up, and Web Hosting * * * *