CRIME DRM fun...

From: Todd Ellner (tellner@private)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 13:36:22 PDT

    I was originally appalled at this: http://www.politechbot.com/docs/berman
    coble.p2p.final.072502.pdf . Then I realized this could be a lot of fun.
    With the "reasonable basis" standard and broad cracking and disrupting
    powers it gives copyright owners I could exercise almost all the Black Hat
    tools that are lying around on anyone who I think might be interfering with
    my company's business. DOS. DNS cache poisoning.
    Intrusive-as-in-rubber-glove investigation. And the victims couldn't do
    squat in return.

    Oy gevalt.
    Todd